Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hi There! :)

Hey everyone, welcome to my blog AbilityBeauty.  Yes, this is a reboot of a blog I started in 2011, but I am now able to blog much more consistently and add photos and video! This blog will be an accompaniment to my YouTube channel of the same name.

My name is Jennifer Burss. I’m 35-years-old,a freelance writer by trade, and I live in Michigan with my wonderful husband Sam.  I started AbilityBeauty  because as a teenager with cerebral palsy I would see beautiful makeup in magazines and being demonstrated by makeup artists on television and in a lot of cases think, “How can I do that with my fingers and hands?”.(My CP affects my legs, arms, hands, and fingers)

Being the creative person I am, I started to experiment with ways to apply makeup and skincare products and get decent results.  I used these techniques to apply products from high school onward. I started both my YouTube channel and this blog to help share what I have learned over the years.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t consider physical “beauty” anywhere near the top of my list of important qualities. In fact, I believe how we feel about ourselves and the way we treat others as far more important. Makeup, to me is simply one method we can use to express ourselves and create. I also believe no one should be excluded from any method of creation or expression based on what they are able to afford or what they can or cannot do physically. There’s more than one way to do almost everything!!

Both here and on my channel I try and will try to give as many application tips and alternate product suggestions as possible. I can’t always know what is best for every situation. In the end, we all need to do what is best for us. If I suggest a method or product and it doesn't work for you, please feel free to do whatever does work best for you. I hope we can all enjoy this blog and have some fun!  Thank you so much for reading and watching! Have a great day!

Love,
Jennifer





No comments: