Saturday, September 21, 2013

Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening Mascara Review

Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening Mascara is a product I received in my “Starlet On-The-Go” Kit.  This kit was provided to me for free via Influenster and Mary Kay. Influenster is a program that provides various products to people who use social media to spread news about their various likes and dislikes.

I have been a member of the site for roughly a year and a half. I have only received one other box from the program in addition to this box. Despite the fact that I may sometimes receive products free of charge, I will always give, and have always given, honest reviews.

This mascara came to me in the color “I Black”. The brush is rubber with small rubber spikes. It is also curved to help curl your lashes.You can curl your lashes if you feel the need, because the brush does not add a huge lift. The rubber spikes start out longer at the base of the brush and get shorter closer to the tip.

The brush. Sorry I'm in these shots, the only camera I have at the moment is an in- laptop webcam


The formula is a damp one that is very pigmented. It also coats your lashes evenly and quickly. Thankfully, it doesn’t take too long to dry and does not stick to itself, so your lashes don’t stick together. Throughout the day (between 7-12 hours), I experienced very little flaking or smudging.

When worn alone, it provides a good amount of length and volume when worn in two or more coats on the top eyelashes. When worn with Mary Kay Lash Primer, I got a nearly false eyelash effect on my top eyelashes. My eyelashes themselves can be called short to medium length at best.
One coat each of the mascara and lash primer, on one eye

My lashes on their own,meh.


In my opinion, if you are looking for a product that gives you the appearance of false eyelashes Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening Mascara on its own is not the best value, given that most mascaras only last 3-6 months, unless you wear makeup every day and use this mascara every time you won’t get a lot of use before it expires. If you buy the lash primer, it would definitely give both volume and length. It would cost $30 for the pair.


At a $15 price tag, this one is definitely one to consider if it is in your price range. I think that similar products are definitely available at lower prices. Try Wet N’ Wild’s Mega Length Mascara or Cover Girl’s Lashblast Fusion  or Cover Girl’s Professional Super Thick Lash. Thank you so much for reading and stopping by here at AbilityBeauty. Have a great day!

Thank you Mary Kay and Influenster for providing these products for use and review.







My finished eyes, minus under eye concealer or any other color makeup. One coat lash primer, two coats mascara on the top, one on the lower lashes.

No comments: