Sunday, October 13, 2013

Mary Kay Cream Eye Color Review

Some months ago I got a chance to try a handful of Mary Kay Cosmetics for free. I was able to try these products via the "voxbox" program from Influenster. Each box is complimentary and can contain a variety of products, but this one contained all makeup, which is always fun in my opinion.

"Violet Storm" in its pot


One of the cosmetics I received in my box was a Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in "Violet Storm". This is a color that I find ABSOLUTELY stunning! I love purples and the consistency was at first very creamy but over time it has dried to a slight putty like texture. It can be made more malleable again by placing a bit between your forefinger,middle finger, and thumb. Move these fingers together to try to warm the product.   You can apply cream shadow with your fingers or a brush. I apply  potted cream shadows and blushes with my clean fingers.

The color and consistency of these products are lovely but I prefer cream shadow to come in pencil or stick form. I find it easier to control the application and I find them  generally more sanitary than potted ones. Pencil shadows can also do triple duty as liner and base for looks using powder shadow.

This shadow is available from Mary Kay for twenty-two dollars. I feel that although this is a very nice product, the price is a bit extravagant if you need to use your fingers to apply it. It tends to apply in a slightly
A swatch
patchy way as well, regardless of the method used to put it on.  You may have to work with it  to apply it evenly and could be left with a lot of excess product  on your fingers if you take too much from the pot.

In my opinion, this is not the best choice on which to spend $22.00. Although the color beautiful and the consistency very creamy, getting even application and color takes a lot more work than I feel a cream shadow should take. The price is a bit too dear in my opinion because of these things. These are just my experiences and opinions though, your opinion and might be different from mine. I hope this review was helpful to you.  Thank you Mary Kay and Influenster  for providing the products for review. Thank you for reading! Have a great day!!

Jennifer

On the eyelids

No comments: